Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny or Fate. GO!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudeboy

Destiny or Fate. GO! Empty
PostSubject: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 5:49 am

I got into an argument with my dad about which one is real and which one isn't. So now i want to ask my fellow friends, accomplices, and A holes (Vhandeath). What one do you belive in?...
Back to top Go down
Noomy

Noomy

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:13 am

Can't I believe in both? Can't there be some fate in destiny?
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:15 am

explain how both can exsist.
Back to top Go down
Osiren

Osiren

PostSubject: The Paradox Continued   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Fate and Destiny both exist.

Because the deinitions of the words have become interchanagble in modern slang they kinda have been tossed back to mythological context which sparked your debate which is real and which isn't . But they both are real and active in our everyday lives. Fate is a negative where destiny is a positive so they differ in that regard.

Fate has it's roots from the words final and fatal meaning an end or death. (ie: we are all fated to die for no mater what we do and how we live as humans our fate is the inevetable death. If i continue to spend my money carelessly my fate will be that of a bum)

Destiny is a sum of events or actions, choices, traits and pure chance to achieve a result; it is not a fatal result but always a result .

everyones fate is the same we will all die but everyones destiny is different due to ever changing factors (ie: personality, luck, behaviour and choice)

Examples of modern use for fate and destiny.

in a conflict between two combatants one shall say "meet your fate" to imply meet your inevetable death.
In a young child showing exceptional talent personality and behaviour soneome may say " you are destined to do great things"

It would not make sence for the phrase to read " meet your destiny" or " you are fated to do great things" made clearly on the basis that fate is a negative and destiny is a positive.

So you can see both fate and destiny do exist when the root meaing of the words is clear. They both consists of events and have inevetable outcomes but the inherent differnce if fate is always an end or fatal out come or result of a fatal event and destiny is a success or aspiration for sucess regardless of how in size.

With that said the argument can be made that fate is used in the context of a positive. (ie: meeting you in my time of need was fate or it was fate that led me to you)

here fate is the marker at which and event/circumstance has ended so the death in this case isn;t a literal death but rather the ending of a peroid of emotions ,events or circumstance.

Besides being opposites (negative/postive) fate and destiny oppose each other in that, fate has no future or no past, once fate has come to be it is and end or death. Fate is a final result. Where destiny has a past, present and future. there is life after destiny. ( Ie: (past)..... looking back now at my trophies, my desity was to have been the greatest race car drive in the world. (present)..... this was my destiny to be the great race car driver i am today. (future)..... this is my destiny, to become the greates race car driver the world has seen.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Really makes me think. Osiren if you dont mind me asking where do you stand religiously?
Back to top Go down
Noomy

Noomy

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:00 am

Osiren!!! that was fantastic!
I read a great book about destiny. But I can't think of the title right now. I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Osiren

Osiren

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Thx for the compliment. And to answer Tem's question as to my stance on religion.

I was baptised and raised catholic but i am not a practicing catholic or christian. I am a spiritualist. I believe in the harmony with all around and that all living things have a spirit that is equal to that of humans. As well my spirituality accepts the notions of science in believe. Mainly the obvious biological connection between us and the world. Take humanity out of the picture and the world continues and will florish. But take all the animals and plants away and humanity will die. So our balance and respect for the natural world around is neccessary for survival. An even more that learning about the natural order of the world and to believe it all has an idiviual spirit helps to bring a sence of harmoy to life and can make life more rewarding.

Now this is one of many personal beliefs. I don;t think any institution of religion is better or worse then the other. I accept it all in the world and take bits and pieces of all religion and incorporate it into my spirituality. To be a spiritualist is to seek to understand and connect with all things on a spiritual level.

So now you may as with all that said do i believe in a God.

Yes i do. I believe in God but i also believe in the spirit of Earth and in the power of humanity. I believe to better have a relationship with God you also have to take the time to find God in all things around you and to understand how God influences us and how we are responsible for a large part of our world.

I hope this answers some of what you were looking for in an answer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny or Fate. GO!   Destiny or Fate. GO! Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny or Fate. GO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member Discussion :: Food for thought-
Jump to: