Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gruul's Lair Encounters.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drad - Yelsa
Admin
Drad - Yelsa

Gruul's Lair Encounters. Empty
PostSubject: Gruul's Lair Encounters.   Gruul's Lair Encounters. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:37 pm

MOBS:

Lair Brute: 290,000 health.

Abilities
Charge: Charges a random character, dumping aggro and hitting for around 700. This ability has a minimum range requirement.
Cleave: 4500 - 7000, used irregularly.
Mortal strike: 6000 - 7000

Strategy
Calls for aid at near death, pulling nearby mobs. Large radius.

This mob has an aggro wipe tied to charge. The charge will happen when members of the raid are standing too far from the brute. Hunter or warlock pets will not be subject to the charge. It is possible to avoid this by proximity, although his cleave is then a factor.

These mobs are immune to both stuns and snares.

The easiest way to handle these mobs is to have your tank face the mob away from the raid, and to have your raid stand grouped up behind the the brute. If there are two or more brutes, have your tanks stack up on top of each other and face them away from the raid:

The cleave has a 180 Degree directionality, so as long as you are behind you will not get hit with the cleaver. If you are close enough(Estimated with 8-10 yards) nobody will be charged. The Brutes will still dump aggro once in a while, but the tank can immediately Taunt the Brute back.

Gronn-Priest 250,000 health.

Abilities
Heal: A large heal restoring roughly 50% of the mob's health. Is interruptable.
Psychic Scream: As the priest ability.
Renew: A very powerful heal-over-time. (10K per sec), Stealable via a mage, as well as purgable/dispellable.
Normal melee hit : 10k crit on a raid buffed shadow Priest, with 23% damage reduction through armor and an additional 15% with Shadowform.

Strategy
Very Simple. Healers and casters at max range to avoid the AoE fear. Fear ward on the tank. Interupt heals & spellsteal or dispel his HoTs.

HKM:

...not finished with this post yet...check back for the info on the boss fights...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dekespears
Noomy

Noomy

PostSubject: Re: Gruul's Lair Encounters.   Gruul's Lair Encounters. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Gab and I have done the Gruul's Lair many many...did i say many? TIMES! lol
HKM = all about the pull. If you manage the pull, you win.

Gruul = if you stay in a cave in you a dumb ass. lmao
Back to top Go down
Adrehel

PostSubject: Re: Gruul's Lair Encounters.   Gruul's Lair Encounters. EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

I too have done it many many times... but sorry I vendored most of my mage tanking stuff because I hate hate hate doing it. :'( if you direly need one let me know and I can take what's left of what I call the "whore suit" out of my bank.

My mage looks like a skank in it if you're wondering why such a name.
Back to top Go down
Drad - Yelsa
Admin
Drad - Yelsa

PostSubject: Re: Gruul's Lair Encounters.   Gruul's Lair Encounters. EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:20 am

lol at Adrehel...just saw this post!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dekespears
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gruul's Lair Encounters.   Gruul's Lair Encounters. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gruul's Lair Encounters.
Page 1 of 1